12 September 2019
A warm welcome, to all those who are worshiping in our church this Sunday. Please note that after the Family Service, every Sunday morning, you are invited for refreshments in the hall. If you would like some information about the church and our activities, please see one of our staff.
8:00am Afrikaans Outreach Service: Rev. Danie Venter
9:30am Family Service: Jeremiah Meliendrez
12 September – Riaan de Beer
15 September – Henriette Schokker
17 September – Pieter Jordaan
18 September – Tristan la Grange
22 September – Derek van Renen
23 September – Keith Moerman
23 September – Beulah Grobler
26 September – Gerhard Tromp
28 September – Martine Boshoff
28 September – Corneels de Waard
2019 promises to be an exciting year at MCRC! Diarise the following dates in order to be part of the congregation and share in our fellowship. More information regarding each event will be published in the weeks leading up to the event.
Click here for the 2019 MCRC Calendar
15 September – ROC Youth Assembly at MCRC (4-6:30pm)
19 September – Church Admin Office Closes (12:30pm)
1) Thank you!
Thank you to everyone who helped, or attended the Camp Oven / “Potjiekos”! We hope you all had a great day and that you made some new friends. Let’s do it again soon!
2) Update from Calling Committee
The Calling Committee has identified seven candidates that met the requirements set by the Calling Committee.
These candidates were contacted for final confirmation that they are available to be included in the Calling process.
To date two of these candidates declined to be included in the calling process. We should have final confirmation from all the candidates within the next two weeks.
The Calling Committee endeavour to provide Session with a maximum of three candidates by 30 September 2019.
The Church Life Survey should be available in a week or two. Thanks to everyone that filled it in.
The MCRC calling Committee
3) Vacancy: Treasurer
Our current Treasurer, Mrs. Daleen Jordaan, will be moving interstate at the end of November. If any member of our congregation with a background in accounting feels it in their heart to volunteer for this position, or requires more information about the position, please contact Barto du Plessis, on 0434 474 846 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
4) New Sunday School Coordinator: Ethan O’Donnell
Session has decided to extend Ethan O’Donnell’s position as Youth Coordinator to include the role of Sunday School Coordinator. Ethan can be contacted on email@example.com.
5) ROC Youth Assembly at Mansfield Christian Reformed Church (Sunday, 15 September, 4-6:30pm)
Twice each school term, ROC Youth (grades 7-12) will Step Out and join with the youth of Open House Reformed Church, Westside Christian Church, Bray Park Community Church and Redlands CRC for a night of food, fun and fellowship! Together we are The Assembly: gathering together in one place to get to know Jesus.
Our next Assembly will be hosted by MCRC. We will gather at church from 4pm and be done by around 6:30pm.
Please RSVP by Monday 9 September. Permission forms will be available at church, or parents can contact Ethan O’Donnell on firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain an electronic copy.
6) Kids Talk and Sunday School (Prep – Year 11)
Reminder: Kids Talk and all Sunday School Classes (Prep – Year 11) take place every Sunday after Scripture Reading except on Lord’s Supper Sundays, on long weekends and during school holidays.
1) New Life Trust Charity Dinner (Friday, 8 November 2019 at 6:00pm)
Please join us for our annual charity dinner at Shangri La, Wynnum. Hosted by MC Heather Foord, enjoy a decadent four-course meal, beverages with a range of exciting prizes to be won. Doors open 6pm for drinks and canapés. Help us raise funds for orphaned and abandoned children in Myanmar (Burma).
Date: Friday, 8 November 2019
Location: Shangri La Gardens, 1969 Wynnum Road, Wynnum West, QLD, 4178 Tickets: Buy Tickets Now
2) Crossroads Prison Ministries
Crossroads Update August 2019
In this update, you will find:
- Devotion – ‘The fields are white…’
- A word from the President – focus areas
- A word from the Treasurer
- Jack’s Desk – Art from the Inside
- Student Testimonies
We hope that you will be encouraged.
3) Ministry Internship Opportunity for 2020
Wedderburn Christian Campsite was established almost 60 years ago. Throughout that time, we have been: running school camps, retreats for churches and community groups, corporate development programs, as well as being heavily involved in Christian ministry through our school holiday children’s camps and other community programs. Wedderburn’s mission is to use our site to promote the gospel through word and deed. We are continuing to grow the ministry opportunities here, offering 2 internship positions in Christian Ministry in 2020. We are really excited to be able to offer these positions and look forward to inputting into the life of our new interns. So… You should consider applying for this position:
- If you want to grow in your relationship with God
- If you are thinking about serving him, but are unsure where
- If you are not sure what to do in 2020 yet
- If you want to be challenged and stretched spiritually
- If you want to learn leadership skills
- If you want to try studying the Bible formally
If this sounds like you, then you may be just the person Wedderburn Christian Campsite is looking for to join our team as an Intern for 2020. As an Intern at WCC, you will have the opportunity to work in practical areas of Christian Camping Ministry in paid work, grow in Christ as part of the WCC Team, with the option of living onsite, study & receive (upon successful completion) a Certificate in Theology through Anglican Youthworks.
Paul Muilwyk (Assistant Manager)
Ph.: 02 4634 1265
Applications for the 2019 Internship close 14th November 2019
1) RTC Open Day 2019 (Saturday, 14 September 2019)
RTC Open Day is an opportunity for people thinking about theological study to experience RTC for a day. Attendees will:
- join in RTC devotions (10 – 10.50am)
- attend a sample lecture (11 – 11.50am)
- hear about RTC from Principal Murray Capill (12 – 12.30pm)
- share in fellowship at lunch (please RSVP for lunch) (12.30 – 1.30pm)
Throughout the day RTC Registrar Paul Lucas will be available to field questions about full-time and part-time study options.
For more information about Open Day please click here.
Date: Saturday 14 September
Time: 10am – 2pm
Location: RTC Melbourne Campus; Level 3 221 Queen Street Melbourne.
2) Preaching Conference: Preaching with Vulnerability (Wednesday, 25 – Thursday, 26 September 2019)
Although we live in the age of the celebrity pastor, most pastors aren’t celebrities. They are ordinary, frail humans, who labour in ordinary life situations to be faithful preachers and pastors. The wonder of the gospel and of God’s grace is that the Lord delights to use us in our weakness and vulnerability. He works his power through ordinary people and everyday life.
This year’s RTC preaching conference will focus on these humbling and uplifting themes so as to encourage and strength preachers in their work.
We are delighted to welcome Zack Eswine and Peter Adam as our guest speakers. Both men are notable preachers and authors whose depth of thought and richness of experience will ensure two spiritually rich days together.
For more information about Preaching Conference please click here.
Dates: Wed 25 – Thurs 26 Sept 2019
Time: Wed 9.30am – 5.30pm, Thurs 9am – 4pm
Venue: RTC Melbourne Campus; Level 3, 221 Queen Street Melbourne
Cost: $185 (individual), $175 (group of 3 or more)
You can also book a package deal with A Healthy Life: Living Well When Things Are Hard for $250 per person.
3) A Healthy Life Conference (Friday, 27 September 2019)
A Healthy Life is a one-day conference designed to help us live well, one day at a time. It provides a great opportunity for gospel workers, Christian leaders and active church members to re-focus and recalibrate.
Held at the RTC Melbourne Campus on Fri 27 September, A Healthy Life follows the 2019 RTC Preaching Conference: Preaching with Vulnerability with Zack Eswine. Zack will present three sessions on A Healthy Heart¸ A Healthy Pace¸ and A Healthy Mind. A panel discussion with experienced pastors and gospel workers is also scheduled.
A Healthy Life & Preaching Conference can be packaged together, making a great three-day training event. For more information and registration please see rtc.edu.au/events.
Date: Friday 27 Sept 2019
Time: 9.30am – 4pm
Location: RTC Melbourne Campus; Level 3 221 Queen Street Melbourne.
Cost: $80 (individual), $75 (group of 3 or more)
Morning tea, lunch & afternoon tea provided.
Click here to register
PRAYER POINTS FOR SEPTEMBER
- Praise God for 45 believers baptised in different mission field in the month of Aug 2019. As always pray that these young believers continue to grow stronger in faith.
- Two new Community Health Centres will commence this month. May God use these “medical mission posts” to show the love of God to many who suffer physically.
- Two new motorcycles were purchased from money received by generous Compassionate Catalogue donors. Pray that God will bless the missionaries as they travel deeper into interior places on these bikes.
- Pray for evangelist Sanjay who lost his crop and sustained a lot of damage to his home and property when monsoon floods breached the riverbank near his home.
- Bert Kuipers will be teaching at an elders’ seminar for 150 elders from Central Gujarat. May God bless that one day intensive and may he continue to raise up godly men who will lead the young churches. Phillip Scheepers and Bert Kuipers will be leading the annual evangelists’ seminars in early October. May God use these seminars to continue to equip these men to be leaders God uses to plant more and more churches amongst Bhil tribal people.
Good News Counselling
Good News Counselling is:
- An evangelism-oriented outreach ministry, aimed at families and family members suffering from extreme distress.
- An extension of the Care Ministry of MCRC.
- Provides a professional counselling service for both couples and individuals.
Contact us for an appointment:
Website – www.goodnewscounselling.com
Email – email@example.com
Phone – 0405 364 361
Please note: The Care Ministry of MCRC sponsors the counselling fees of church and community members who cannot afford the fees.
Booking of the Manse for Functions
MCRC members are kindly reminded that the Manse must be booked before use for private or church functions. This is to avoid inconvenience caused by double booking of the facilities. Members are also reminded to clean up after themselves and to return all items that were used. During the week, the Manse is used as an office and a professional environment must therefore be maintained at all times. To make a booking and/or collect keys to use the facilities, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 3733 1579 (Mon to Thurs 9am-12:30pm).
Survival Kit for New Families
Our church has a container with glasses, cups, cutlery, plates, etc. to be used by anyone or any family in need (waiting on their own, or in between homes or who has moved interstate/immigrated) to use these items for as long as necessary. Please email email@example.com or phone 3733 1579 (Mon to Thurs 9am-12:30pm) for more information.
Conference Room @ 421 Wishart Rd FOR RENT!
From training sessions, meetings, seminars, board meetings and workshops, our conference room, which can seat up to 19 people, is available for you to rent at a low hourly rate of $25! Key and cleaning deposit of $75 payable when making your booking. To book please email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 3733 1579 (Mon to Thurs, 9am-12:30pm).
Tithing & Donations
Members and visitors are welcome to make their regular or special tithings via Direct Bank Deposit into the following bank account:
• Mansfield Christian Reformed Church
• Community Sector Banking (Division of Bendigo Bank)
• BSB: 633-000
• Account Number: 136614401
Privileged to Serve
Thank you for being willing to serve our congregation, by fulfilling one of the tasks mentioned on our Duty Roster! May our Lord bless you in this process with His gracious presence.
|15 September||Family Service (9.30am)||Afrikaans Outreach Service (8am)|
|Leader of Service||Jesse Gollan||Rev. Danie Venter|
|Elder||Phil van der Kley||Kerneels Olivier|
|Deacon||Braam Stander||Francois Oosthuizen|
|Reader||Phil van der Kley|
|Door Greeter||K&M Moerman|
|Coffee Duty||C&C de Waard / M de Waard||Hanlie Oosthuizen|
|Praise & Worship, Sound, Visuals||Team 3||K Folscher, E du Plessis, M du Plessis|
|22 September||Family Service (9.30am)||Afrikaans Outreach Service (8am)|
|Leader of Service||Rev. Joshua Hartog||TBA|
|Elder||Barto du Plessis||Louis Nel|
|Deacon||Gerrie Labuschagne||JJ Pretorius|
|Door Greeter||P&J van der Kley|
|Coffee Duty||Vacant / B&E du Plessis||Janina Boshoff|
|Praise & Worship, Sound, Visuals||Team 4||H&J van Wyk|
* Archived Bulletins
Click here to read previously published bulletins.