19 February 2021
A warm welcome to all who are worshipping our all powerful God with us this Sunday.
Please join us at 9:30 am for the Family service.
Preacher: Nathanael Remminga from Bray Park Community Church
Text: Ruth 2
Theme: God’s Perfect Provision
We would love to see all our members in church, but if you can’t make it you can follow this link: https://mansfieldcrc.online.church// or
Short Minutes of Session Meeting held 15th February
- Elders doing a short study to commence each meeting. The Way – Eldership course (a Reformed Theological College program).
- Additional Deacons to be sought.
- New Kitchen Planning Committee has begun meeting.
- A leader is still required for the Catering Ministry.
- Francois involved in religious instruction at Mansfield High on 9th March.
- New Treasurer Conrad Daniel has commenced handover duties.
- Session to appoint a Calling Committee for the search for a new Minister. Members to be approached to serve on this Committee.
- Preaching roster has been filled to the end of June.
- Committee for rebranding the Church has been appointed.
- Jesse and Francois to be delegates for Classis meeting to be held at Mansfield on 27 February.
- Synodical Overtures and Reports discussed and responses formulated for Classis.
- Francois no longer to proceed with his preaching licence.
- Concern for the political situation in Myanmar and the missionary Bah Too who we support there, also the Orphanage that we have strong links with.
- John Drama performance to be conducted at the Church on 28th March.
- Francois employed to carry out church work for up to two days per week to the end of June in the primary areas of Outreach mobilisation and Pastoral Care.
Jonah’s prayer (in Jonah 2)
“I called out to the Lord, out of my distress, and He answered me; […] You brought up my life from the pit, O Lord my God. When my life was fainting away, I remembered the Lord, and my prayer came to You, into Your holy temple. Those who pay regard to vain idols forsake their hope of steadfast love. But I with the voice of thanksgiving will sacrifice to You; what I have vowed I will pay.
Salvation belongs to the Lord!”
The Lord’s Supper
Beloved in the Lord, as we hope to celebrate the Lord’s Supper on 28 February, it is our duty to prepare ourselves, as Paul says: “A man ought to examine himself before he eats of the bread and drinks of the cup.”
In this self-examination each of us are faced with these questions:
Do I believe that my sins are forgiven only because my Lord sacrificed himself for me on the cross?
Is it my sincere desire to love God and my neighbour, and to serve them according to God’s Word?
All those who, in answer to these questions, seek their refuge in Jesus Christ alone, are invited by the Lord to come with joyful praise to His table.
Those who live in unbelief and sin will have to repent and seek forgiveness through our Lord Jesus Christ, otherwise they have no right to come to the table of the Lord, nor do they have part in the kingdom of God.
Let us pray:
Almighty God, we pray for Your grace that in the coming days we may rightly examine ourselves. Comfort us as repentant sinners and give us the assurance that we may look forward to a blessed celebration. And if any of us are not right with You, give grace and mercy. Lord, that in repentance they may change their way of life, and then join us on 28 February in the celebration of this most glorious feast.
Through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.
Family Camp 2021
Dates: May 1-3
Location: Panorama MTCC Mount Tambourine
Cost: $100 per person (older than 14yrs)
Children under 5 yrs old are free
Children 6-14 yrs old $35
Please join us for a weekend of rest, great food, fellowship, board games, puzzles, and outdoor fun.
Register here: https://forms.gle/K29jCEbLZ6WCZLYk6
Missions and Outreach
Follow the latest news about the political tension in Myanmar in their latest newsletter
Over Easter, Wycliffe Bible Translators and Story the Bible are presenting the John Drama.
The performance will be on Saturday the 27th of March at Stafford Heights Baptist Church,
268 Appleby Rd, Stafford Height
We will be hosting the John Drama at our church on 28 March from 6:00pm.
There is an invitation for an Expression of Interest for a Publicity Officer position for World Transform (WT) and G.O.S.P.E.L. For more information see:
Lent 2021 – Looking to Jesus!
This year Lent started on 17 February. As we look forward to celebrating Easter on the first weekend in April. Come join in these weeks of waiting, listening, remembering, believing, glorifying, and giving GOD all the honor of our hearts and lives!
Coffee after the Sunday Service
Please note that we need to adhere to the Covid Safe Industry Plan for Retail Food services which spells out that social distancing should be maintained, and you will not be allowed to serve yourself. One or two people will serve tea or coffee, and also add sugar and milk as required. Nobody will be allowed in the kitchen, apart from those serving, and you should please use the sliding door on the deck to enter the hall.
If you are interested in serving our members with tea and coffee in future, please let any of the Elders, or the Office know.
CRCA Women’s Convention
CRCA Ministry Formation
Ministry Formation has a newsletter with articles about the strategies that other congregations implement to grow or change, prayer points and many other inspirational articles.
We recommend that our members subscribe to the Ministry Formation newsletter. Here is a link to their website and to subscribe.
MCRC Members are kindly reminded that the church and church hall must be booked before use of church gatherings and functions.
To make a booking, email firstname.lastname@example.org (Thurs & Fri 9:00 to 13:00)
MCRC sermons are now available online as podcasts on any of the podcast apps that are available.
Tithing & Donations
Tithing and donations can be given via Direct Bank Deposit into the following bank account:
• Mansfield Christian Reformed Church
• Community Sector Banking (Division of Bendigo Bank)
• BSB: 633-000
• Account Number: 136614401
When you gift your tithing and offerings after the service, please type SS (Sunday Service) in the description in order for us to track givings related to the Worship Service.